Saturday, April 6, 2013

Ahn Sang-wook/cause and effect essay/tue 9am

Cause and Effect Essay; happiness

EIT 201001854 Ahn Sang-wook.

Happiness can boost our lives in a positive way in this tough world. Then, what can bring us happiness? The cause of happiness is so various by people that it is almost impossible to specifically define. For me, there are several causes of it: When I can take a seat in the subway, when I can complete all things I'm supposed to do, and when I finish exercising at the gym.

      Firstly, taking a seat in a crowded subway without keeping others in check to avoid being stolen is not easy matter at all. Especially for me, it takes nearly two hours from my home to school. That means if I cannot take a seat in the subway, I'm so exhausted when I arrive the school that it is hard for me to concentrate on taking lectures. Some people may argue that you're young so it is not a problem to be standing for two hours. However, it's not true. Consequently, taking a seat in the subway brings me happiness even though it looks trivial. It makes me feel comfortable, and even it provides me with the 'driving force' of my daily life with happiness!

     Secondly, like all colleges students, For example, I have many things to do in daily life from assignments by professors to subjects which I have been individually studying. Sometimes it takes so long time that I manage to submit assignments with a lack of profound consideration. However, whenever I'm done with something that is supposed to be done, it causes me to be satisfied with myself. Satisfaction with myself causes me to have higher self-esteem. Consequently, It naturally makes me feel happiness. With this feeling, I can have a positive power to make all things completed.

Finally, the last moment of feeling happiness is when I finish exercising at the gym. Especially that is when finishing running 2 miles without resting. As all people already know, working out is obviously helpful for maintaining healthy life. Thus, when I'm done with 2 miles running, it feels like my fat is burning and my health is getting better and better. The emotion also brings me happiness and because of this, I can continue my work out without cloying.

Happiness that I mentioned above is not rhapsodic thing but trivial things that everyone can routinely feel. Obviously, happiness can bring positive effects each of us. Those are coming from a various way and they differ from people. However, even if the way is diverse, one thing is common for everyone. All of us can get vitality, energy, pleasure from happiness. How about trying to be happy?

2 comments:

  1. To Sang-wook From Jieun

    1. What I like about this piece of writing is that you found your happiness from subtle moments in our daily lives. I could feel the sympathy.

    2. Your main point seems to be "my causes of happiness is taking seat in the subway, completing given things, and to exercise."

    3. I liked the line "The cause of happiness is so various by people that it is almost impossible to specifically define." Some people might not agree with your idea (I do :D), but by this sentence, you can make your essay stronger and make readers to accept it.

    4. The sentence "Firstly, taking a seat in a crowded subway without keeping others in check to avoid being stolen is not easy matter at all." made me keep thinking about the meaning of it, especially the part "without~stolen".

    5. I see little typos on the second body paragraph.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cause and Effect Essay-second draft
    EIT 201001854 Ahn Sang-wook.
    Happiness can boost our lives in a positive way in this tough world. Then, what can bring us happiness? The causes of happiness are so various by people that it is almost impossible to specifically define. For me, there are several causes of it: it is when I can take a seat in the subway, when I can complete all things I’m supposed to do, and when I finish exercising at the gym.
    Firstly, taking a seat in a crowded subway is not easy matter at all; seats are limited. Especially for me, it takes nearly two hours from my home to school. That means if I cannot take a seat in the subway, I will be so exhausted when I arrive the school that it is hard for me to concentrate on taking lectures. Some people may argue that I’m young enough to be standing for two hours. However, it’s hard for me. Consequently, taking a seat in the subway brings me happiness even though it looks trivial. It makes me feel comfortable, and even it provides me with the ‘driving force’ of my daily life with happiness!
    Secondly, like all colleges students, For example, I have many things to do in daily life from assignments by professors to subjects which I have been individually studying. Frankly speaking, sometimes, it takes so long time that I manage to submit assignments with a lack of profound consideration. Even though those are imperfect, whenever I’m done with something that is supposed to be done, it causes me to be satisfied with myself. Satisfaction with myself causes me to have higher self-esteem. It naturally makes me feel happiness. With this feeling, I can have a positive power to make all things completed.
    Finally, the last moment of feeling happiness is when I finish exercising at the gym. Especially that is when finishing running 2 miles without resting. As all people already know, working out is obviously helpful for maintaining healthy life. Thus, when I’m done with 2 miles running, it feels like my fat is burning and my health is getting better and better. Those feelings also bring me happiness and because of them, I can continue workout without cloying.
    Happiness that I mentioned above is not rhapsodic but trivial, and everyone would routinely feel. Obviously, happiness brings positive effects to each of us. That comes from a various way and it differs from people. However, even if the way is diverse, one thing is common for everyone. All of us can get vitality, energy, and pleasure from happiness. How about trying to be happy?

    ReplyDelete