Saturday, April 6, 2013

Jieun Choi/C&E essay/tue 9am

            When do you feel happy? It is when you spend your time with family or friends? Is it when you go shopping? Maybe it could be the moment you get paid after hard working. I also feel happy at those moments. Spending quality time with family and friends always refreshes me, and I feel excited when I go shopping with the money I got paid after doing albeit. Looking back, however, the happiest moments in my life have been always the time that I did something I really love to do. So I thought about something I truly enjoy, which is music, language, and new experience.

            Music conveys various emotions. Some music is very exciting and joyful. Its melody is so sweet and blissful and its lyrics are so cheerful. Therefore, when I listen to that bright music, I can feel those excitements and joy along the music. On the other hand, there are much blue, gloomy music. I usually hear that kind of music when I'm going through hard time and when I hear them, I sympathize with the speaker of the music. I then think about my situation and usually get some solution or get over it. As a result, I feel much better and receive power to move on. So every kind of music, regardless of emotion they reveal, gives me happiness. Plus, music also gives me small happiness when I find new great music. I feel not only happy but also little proud to enjoy and introduce it to my friends or family.

I also feel happy when I learn language. The reason I feel happy when I learn language is because for me, language is a great tool to meet new people and exchange thoughts between them. In other words, ability to speak various languages means broader chances of making new friends and sharing various perspectives. In addition, learning language allows me to feel achievement because I can actually my language is getting better and better. For example, I suddenly got interested in Japanese when I was a high school student. So I started to learn it by myself. I watched a lot of dramas and listened to music. At first, I couldn't understand the single word without translations or subtitles. However, as time goes by, I could see the number of words and sentences I understand was expanding. Much later, I could make Japanese friends, communicate with them with Japanese, and talk about various topics related to cultural differences. Consequently, I felt very happy about the fact that I achieved something in Japanese.

            Moreover, I feel very pleased when I experience new things. Personally I think various experiences enrich my life, broaden my perspective and bring me to think and act in better ways. Hence, I'm satisfied when I do new experiences, feeling that I've fulfilled some fuel to live better and happy life. I especially love to experience new things by visiting and travelling various places. By travelling, I can fulfill my five senses with totally new environments. I see the whole new sceneries with sounds and music that are unfamiliar to me. I can smell exotic spices and taste various foods. In addition, I can experience various people and their thinking.

            To sum up, I feel blissful when I'm doing something I enjoy, which is listening to music, learning languages, and experiencing new things. I feel happy and alive when I do such things I love to do. I hope I can find more the things I can dig in, so I can feel happier throughout my life.

2 comments:

  1. From Ahn Sang-wook to Choi Jieun
    1. What is the meaning of albeit you used in the context? When I found dictionary, the meaning is same as ‘even tough’. But when I substitute the meaning of this word with that of the word ‘even though’, it seems to me that it is inappropriate.
    2. It seems that your main idea is this: you can truly feel happiness when you are listening to music, learning language and having new experience.
    3. I think structure of your writing is well-divided only except for the conclusion. Because I think that if you give a suggestion or something else, it would be better! However, it organizes the three points you mentioned in the introduction which make your writing good!
    4. The most interesting and impressive thing is that you feel happiness when you are learning language. Then, the choice of being a student of EIT was excellent for you.
    5. While I read about one of the cause of your happiness, experiencing new things, I totally feel fresh. Contrary to you, I usually aim at the stability of my life so I don’t want to try or do new things that I never did before. However, after reading yours, my mind is slightly changing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When do you feel happy? It is when you have great time with family or friends? Is it when you go shopping? Or it could be the moment you get paid after hard working. I also feel happy at those moments like other people do. Spending quality time with family and friends always refreshes me, and I feel excited when I go shopping with the money I got paid after doing part time job. Looking back, however, the happiest moments in my life have always been the time that I did something I really love to do. So I thought about the reasons that make me happy, which are music, language, and new experience.
    Music conveys hundreds of emotions. Some of them are very exciting and joyful. Its melody is so sweet and blissful and lyrics are so cheerful. Therefore, when I listen to those bright songs, I can feel those excitements and joy along the music. On the other hand, there are much blue, gloomy music. I usually hear them when I’m going through hard time and sympathize with the speaker of the music. Then, I think about my situation and usually get come out with solution or get over it. As a result, I feel much better and receive power to move on. So every kind of music, regardless of emotions they reveal, gives me happiness.
    I also feel happy when I learn languages. It is because for me, language is a great tool to meet new people and communicate with others. In other words, ability to speak various languages means broader chances of making new friends and sharing various perspectives. In addition, learning languages allows me to feel achievement because I can actually feel my language is getting better and better. For example, I suddenly got interested in Japanese when I was a high school student. So I started to learn it by myself. I watched a lot of dramas and listened to music. At first, I couldn’t understand the single word without translations or subtitles. However, as time gone by, I could see that the number of words and sentences I understand was expanding. Much later, I could make Japanese friends, communicate in Japanese, and talk about various topics related to cultural differences. Consequently, I felt very happy about the fact that I achieved something in Japanese.
    Moreover, I feel very pleased when I experience new things. Personally I think various experiences enrich my life, broaden my perspective and bring me to think and act in better ways. Hence, I’m satisfied when I do new experiences, feeling that I’ve fueled some power to live better and happy life. I especially love to experience new things by visiting and travelling to various places. By travelling, I can fulfill my five senses with totally new environments. I see the whole new sceneries with sounds and music that are unfamiliar to me. I can smell exotic spices and taste various foods. In addition, I can experience various people and their thinking.
    To sum up, I feel blissful when I’m doing something I enjoy, which is listening to music, learning languages, and experiencing new things. They truly make me feel happy and alive when I do such things. So, try to find something you really enjoy, so you can find another kind of happiness that can flourish your life.

    ReplyDelete