Sunday, May 26, 2013

Hwanhee Rhee_2nd Draft_Tue 9am

How to Make Your Own Film

 

200602722 Hwanhee Rhee

 

 

When I was twelve, my father, who was a creative execute of an advertising agency, took me to Los Angeles because his client had to make an advertisement there. After all of schedules over, we took a trip to Hollywood near the city. We spent two days in there, and that two days changed my life. After then, when someone asked me about my future, I always answered, "I want to be a movie director." Although I gave up this dream three years ago because of many circumstances, watching a good film still makes my heart beat. Before I gave up, I had prepared for being a director in various ways, and here are some tips to be a filmmaker.

 

First, you have to watch good films a lot. There are so many classic movies you have to watch to be a movie director. It will make your view about films much wider. There are so many good stories, method of using cameras, and acting. Someone may refute that you do not have to do it because it may restrict your creativity. It may be true, but misses a huge point. You cannot be sure if it is creative or not unless you watch other films. Just let movies always be with you.

 

Studying movies is also very important. Watching films without any knowledge limits the effect of your effort. There are so many things to learn about. There are many theories on films, camera works, and editing. You can read some books about theories or attend some classes in many film academies around you. Reading a book written by who actually makes a film will help you very well.

 

After watching and studying, it is time to go to be a staff. So many staffs are needed at the studio, and you can learn much more things at the real world than in the classroom. You can see how the things are done in the real world, and this experience will be very precious because you become a part of making the film. In addition, you can build relationships with many people who makes films, and it will help you a lot.

 

It is not an easy way to be a movie director. The door is not open very widely, and so many films cannot be on the theater even if it is made. It does not gives you a lot of money unless you becomes very popular. However, it is still very attractive job because movies make people dream, so that a movie maker is a person who makes dreams. Do some hard work, and you can make people dream.

1 comment:

  1. To Hwanhee Rhee From Ju Hye Choi Assignment Classification Essay
    1. What I like about this piece of writing is that it gives detailed information of how you can prepare yourself to become a director.
    2. Your main point seems to be that although becoming successful as a director may not be as easy, it is still a great job since it makes people dream.
    3. These particular words or lines struck me as powerful:
    We spent two days in there, and that two days changed my life.

    ReplyDelete