Monday, May 27, 2013

Joung Hwan Park / My Middle School Teacher / 9 am

     There are many great teachers who are popular among their students, hence, still remembered even though many years have gone by. I believe a lot of aspects are necessary in being a good teacher, where some of those could include knowledge, humor, appearance, personality, and so on. My homeroom teacher back in middle school, Mrs. Musarra, was one of the best teachers that I've ever had. Since it was an all boys school, her appearance was the first thing that caught my and the other students' attention. She had brown eyes, brunette hair, and a really nice smile, which always worked well on students. However, her appearance wasn't all that made her a good teacher, but it was also her way of talking and dealing with students that made her stand out among the other teachers. Whenever there was a problem with a student, she would have a one-on-one conversation with the student, where she gave him a chance to explain the situation and then she would suggest some ways to fix the problem without getting angry. This personal quality of hers made us students become aware that she actually tried to understand us as a person, rather than other teachers who just pin pointed the problem and scolded us, which made us feel distanced from them. This is not to say that her way of teaching wasn't that good, but I'm just trying to emphasize that these personal qualities of hers, combined with her good teaching skills, made her a good teacher who I'll remember for the rest of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment