Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Kayeong Kim / Teacher / Tue 9 a.m.

 A teacher, by the definition, can be everyone who teaches. I thought over who would be my best teacher ever. Soon, I found that I respect almost every teacher I met in my life. There was a special person, however, even though she is younger than me. In November 2011, I run for an election of president for the student organization. Usually, it was a single person as a candidate. But I had a very strong competitor. Because of the inner circumstances, there was tons of tense between us. Both of us had a powerful supporters and someone mentioned that it would be a crucial decision that could change the path of organization.

 I finally won a slim majority and it wasn't because I was better than her. I was eager to be a president, but I wanted her to be a president. After the election, I couldn't treat her properly since I had no experience of that situation. She and I was a rival. I had no idea how to react towards her. It is normal that the winner approach first to the loser. Ours were different. She controlled her feelings of sorrow and overcame the failure. Then she approached me first and celebrated me. She joined my team after the election and she helped me a lot. She even told me that she felt relieved to see me as a president, not her.

 She taught me a lot during a year. It was my first role as a leader and she always gave feedback for me to improve my leadership skills. I understand how hard to respect someone who beat on myself. It could be jealous or unsatisfactory to respect that person. However, she did. She did more than that. She taught me what the real win was. Until now, she works very hard in her situation. She became an example to me. I realized that the age doesn't matter when we want to learn from other people. I appreciate her teaching through our experiences. 


No comments:

Post a Comment