Sunday, May 26, 2013

Seonyoung Hwang_Teachers_Tue 9AM

My Best Teacher
 

 

     We meet a lot of teachers in our life. Although all the memories with the teachers might not be just pleasant ones there is one teacher I enjoyed being around with.

     "It means to seize the day," she replied. Ms. Shim and I were talking about a word 'carpe diem' and it was her reply when I asked her what it means. "You should enjoy the moment if you cannot avoid it," she continued with warm smile.

     Ms. Shim was my homeroom teacher when I was in first grade of middle school. She was in her late 20s with big round-shaped eyes and long light brown colored hair. She was genuinely passionate about her students that created various events for us to have fun together. She would have us bring cooking ingredients for 'cooking day' held every third week of Saturday. On the cooking day, the 'task' for us was to cook Bibimbap deliciously and my group accidentally put so much sesame oil in that the vegetables and rice were covered with oil. Although the dish seemed to be filled with water due to the oil and Ms. Shim had to drink a bottle of water after trying the dish I still remember how fun it was and the taste of the dish—It was the most delicious Bibimbap I've ever had.

No comments:

Post a Comment