Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Jong Beom Cho_Teacher_Tue 9AM

 I open my album and see the photos taken when I was young. Every year there is a picture I took with my teacher. There are so many pictures but some are deeply embedded in my memories and some are hard for me to tell their names. Of all those teachers Mr. Kim is the teacher who I always find first when I look through my album. "Math is the most sophisticated form of art," he used to say. Mr. Kim was a math teacher and every time before he started the class, he gave a short lecture on the importance of mathematics. His favorite words were "basics, basics, basics." The whole class was about understanding the foundation rather than memorizing and problem solving. At first his method was questioned because everyone thought math was all about problem solving. However, Mr. Kim's method taught us that the process of finding an answer and the importance of basics. His teaching influenced my life greatly. Now I always look at things in much longer perspective, starting from basics. I learned that answering is not the only fun part. I am so glad he was my teacher.

No comments:

Post a Comment