Sunday, May 26, 2013

Hyein Shim/ teacher/ tue 9am

From the kindergarten to the university, I met a lot of teachers in my life. When I was 7 years old, I met English teachers in the kindergarten. That was my first time meeting foreigners. At first, I was nervous because they looked different from my parents, friends, and neighbors. Their faces were white, their hairs were yellow, and they were speaking strange words. But as time goes by, the fear was gone because I realized that they were just same and also very friendly like my people. These teachers taught me English, and I think that was the starting point to get the passion of learning English.

 

In the elementary and middle school, I also met many English teachers. Unfortunately, they were not always good teachers. Some were good and some were bad. I met a Korean teacher who taught English in the academy institute. He taught only the grammatical things, and also gave a lot of homework. Because of him, I lost the interest of learning English at that time. But I had a happy feature of a misfortune. After I quit that academy institute, I met a teacher who taught me well and helped me learn other things too. And he is one of the teachers I really liked. When I was in high school, I was stressed about English although I had passion of it. Because I realized that there are so many people who use English very fluently, and compared with them, I was really poor at it. This put me under a lot of stress. One day, I had a chance to counsel with this teacher. He was the English teacher of my school, and he told me a lot of things, for example, how to improve English ability, how to get a good score on the English exam, and also how to deal with the stress. After I met and talked with him, the stressful things were gone, also my grades were getting better. I am so glad that he was my teacher.

No comments:

Post a Comment