Monday, May 27, 2013

Yujin Park / teachers / Tue 9 am.

Good Teachers
We meet a lot of teachers in our life and we directly influenced by them and even some students change their lives by the teaching of their teachers. One great Brazilian educator and philosopher, Paulo Freire said good teachers are cultural workers who fight for oppressed students against society. I met the great teacher when I was in 17. He had been my english teacher for 3 years. At that time, all of my classmates were very stressed because of the test results and of entering good university. For teachers that I had met before, good students are those who study very hard and get great results and especially, follow school regulation. However, He was different with other teachers. He emphasized us to do what we want to do and enjoy it. When I consulted with him someday, he asked me what I'm good at and what I'm interested in. I was astonished because I've hardly been asked that kind of question. His teaching made me seriously think about myself. When I think about him, he remids me of Mr. Kitting of 'Dead poet society'.
So, after watching the movie, I thought deeply his great teaching. "You must strive to find your own voice. Because the longer you wait to begin, the less likely you are to find it at all."

No comments:

Post a Comment