Friday, March 15, 2013

Hyein Shim/TV/Tue 9am

Do we really need a television? Some people think that a TV takes many parts in our lives. They think some programs make people fun, and some are tell useful information to us. Although TVs have these good points, I think people can gain more things without watching it.

Firstly, instead of watching comedy programs or variety shows to have fun, people can spend time reading books or hang out with friends or families. This can be more fun and more valuable time spending activity than just watching a TV.

Secondly, to gain knowledge, reading a technical book is more useful than watching some educational programs. A book contains a lot of information, so turning off the TV and opening the book can be the good idea to be a smart person.

             Therefore, I can live and do well without TV. Because I can enjoy the time with my people and I can get more useful information with the books.

2 comments:

  1. What I like most about your writing is that your writing is really well-structured: it has three parts--introduction, body and conclusion--and they seems smoothly connected, so that I could read your writing and get your point quite easily

    Your main point seems that you can live without TV because you can enjoy with people around you and get information from books.

    You starts your writing by asking a question, "Do we really need a television?" I think this way is quite impressive and effective to start a piece of writing since writers are able to get readers feel curious.

    You mentioned "a technical book" in third paragraph, and I think this example seems more specific than needed. I think you can just say books.

    I like your writing very much, and if you accept my advice by any chance, this writing will be as good as your original text.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The point of your writing I like is the development. First you mentioned what to tell and then you presented the ideas that there's no pretty much importance of TV.
    And your main point seems to be clear; you don't need TV! You also know how to use your time instead of being with TV.
    The impressive sentence is the first line of the start, "Do we need really need a television?"It does really make me focus on what to proceed. The interrogative sentence is a good tool to attract people's attention.
    But I'm not really sure which is right, a TV or, just, TV. An article "a" means the noun is material, not abstract. But I've not seen the expression, like "watching a TV"; there's just only "watching TV" I think it's because that TV here is just conceptional.
    Anyway, I enjoyed your writing:)

    ReplyDelete