Sunday, March 17, 2013

Park Ye Jee TV ESSAY Tue 9.a.m

An Interesting Box, TV

200904069 Park Ye Jee

 

Have you ever imagined a life without TELEVISION? It has become a major part of our everyday lifestyle. Recently, since the internet developed, many people have begun to use a smart phone, or a computer instead of TV. But many people still watch TV. For example, when they take a rest or have a meal, they keep TV turned on at their home.

I also like watching a TV. The reason why I like it is that I think there are many things to learn through the TV. First, there are various kinds of programs. The program includes not only entertainment but also news program dealing with current events and an educational program. As an example, nowadays I enjoy watching a program like talk show. Especially there is a talk show in which, a famous person tells his or her history or gives a secret how he became successful. These kinds of show are very inspirational and sometimes give me courage.

Second, sometimes television makes people communicate each other. For example, in my case, sometimes while my family and I are watching a program that shows social issues, there were many chances to discuss the issue. So I could learn or understand about the issue by talking to my family.

If we make use of TV effectively, it can be a good method to get useful information. Of course, some criticize many people are addicted to it so waste their precious time. However, this is not a problem of television itself, but a problem of the viewer. I hope there will be more programs that show more various things and more educational things to learn.

 

 

2 comments:

  1. Your main point seems to be usefulness of TV. I like the hook. The question drew my attention and answering it, I started to read your essay. Also, two reasons you suggested are supportive enough, and I totally agree with the good points of TV. However, I found out some grammatical errors; for example, you used both the present and past tense in a sentence(in the 3rd paragraph). Except that, I really like your essay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What I like about your writing is that it is very organized and easy to read. Your main point seems to be 'if we make use of TV effectively, it can be a good method to get useful information.'.
    Although you have a different opinion than mine, I agree with you in some points :) I think if you use more transitional words, it could improve your writing better!

    ReplyDelete