Friday, March 15, 2013

Yujin Song/ TV/ Tue 9am

These days most people have a TV set at home and they watch TV. Thanks to technological development, people can watch TV not only at home but also wherever they are, such as in the subway or on the road. TV has been pary of daily lives and TV programs have a significant effect on people. They often make buzzwords and even lead fashion trends. It is not easy for those who don't watch TV to engage in conversation with others. So once I watched a famous TV program to keep up with the trends.

However, for the most part I turn on the TV habitually when I take a rest at home. This is because I think watching TV is better than just lying down and doing nothing at all. In fact, except during the break, I don't feel like watching TV. I often have my schedule and I should give attention to what I am doing or who I am meeting. I even totally forget about TV. Therefore, I think I can live without TV as long as I find something else to do while taking a rest.

2 comments:

  1. What I like most about your writing is that I totally agree to your idea in this writing

    Your main point seems that we can live without TV if we can find something else to do.

    Especially, the line, "However, for the most part I turn on the TV habitually when I take a rest at home", seems very impressive to me; because I do the same thing, and most people I think do that, too. Suggesting your own experience or thinking, you effectively start to state your own opinion on the topic.

    By the way, you mention "technological developments" in your writing, and I feel that it can be improved. I can fully guess what you mean by that, but if you provide specific examples such as smart phones or something, it will be as good as your original writing.

    In the end, I think you can improve your writing by generalizing your idea in some ways. I mean, your writing seems focused just on your own thinking. That's one way of many effective ways to write, but I think in this case it would be as good as yours if you generalize your idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really your writing because it is very readable. Your main point seems that you can live without TV if there is something else to do. Especially, I like the fourth sentence of the second paragraph, " I often have my schedule and I should give attention to what I am doing or who I am meeting." shows your main idea before you clarify the conclusion.

    However, I felt little bit unnatural at the first paragraph. At the conclusion you mentioned that "I think I can live without TV as long as I find something else to do while taking a rest.", but you mentioned " It is not easy for those who don't watch TV to engage in conversation with others. So once I watched a famous TV program to keep up with the trends.". It seems to me that living without TV cannot solve problem you mentioned unless you explain me more.

    ReplyDelete