Saturday, March 16, 2013

Ju Hye Choi / TV / Tues 9 AM

     I can live without television because there is an alternative to it, the internet. Nowadays, I can access almost any television program through the internet whenever I want to. If I miss the funny faces and jokes of comedians like the five comedians who appear on the famous Korean variety show, Moo Han Do Jun, I can simply search the internet and watch the program. In fact, I can pause and replay parts whenever I want to laugh again so it is even more advantageous than watching television. Also, in a fast-paced society like today, people want the summary of everything, may it be the current issue, trend or discovery. We want to get straight to the point and in most cases the internet does that for us. Hence, it is probably the reason many people including myself can live without television. The question is, can I live without TV if there were no alternatives at all?

2 comments:

  1. From Yujin Park to Ju hye Choi

    I am impressed with your brief explanation on why we can live without TV.
    To answer this question, you explained it by comparing with internet. It was so clear and undoubtful explanation for me to understand your opinion.
    And you proved your claim objectively.
    I agree with your opinion because I also ride a wave of the internet everyday. As you said, TV could be alternated by internet. (Nowadays, It might be more convenient to use internet than watching television.)

    I would like to advice on your conclusion part. You explained briefly and clearly in development part.
    However, in my opinion, it would be much better if you add more conlusion part to end your essay.

    Thank you for your concise and explicit essay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. From Hwanhee Rhee to Ju hye Choi

    I really like your essay because it is very reasonable. I also like the formation of it. The main point of this essay seems like that you can live without TV thanks to internet. Your opinion is totally against me, but that's why your writing is very interesting to me. My favorite part is "We want to get straight to the point and in most cases the internet does that for us.". You said something I missed.

    It could be better if you said something more at the conclusion. It seems not enough to express your idea. Anyway, I really like your essay. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete