Friday, March 15, 2013

Kayeong Kim / TV / Tue 9 a.m.

When I get this question, this doubt coursed through my mind. "Why do we need to argue over this again?" I received this kind of question more than 10 times since I entered the elementary school. So I decided to end up this dragging controversy.

I wondered why this troublemaker had been created. Before the TV appears in public, humankind only had radio. It delivered the news around the world promptly. People could easily get the information and even they could spread the news by themselves. However, there was a crucial weakness, which made the radio as an imperfect device to deliver information. We only can hear from the radio. It means, we need to imagine every scenery we heard from. It might be helpful for enhancing our imagination skill, but it produces lots of misunderstandings since our thinking differs from backgrounds, experiences and personalities. Therefore, there was a limitation to communicate through the radio broadcasting. From the lack of image, people tried to invent new device to deliver the image, which become a television after all.

Technology is evolving every day. And it becomes faster than ever before. We can carry light laptop, smart phone and even tablet PC which made us to watch the videos and pictures wherever we go. Modern people frequently travel home to work and place to place. Now, we don't have enough time to settle down one place and watch the television in home. The matter is the 'Contents' – what we consume.  IT, Information Technology, breaks the barrier of places we encounter the media. I already have a smart phone in my hand. Why do I need to turn on the TV after long daily life when I go back to home?

2 comments:

  1. From Dayoung Park to Kayeong Kim

    1. What I like about this piece of writing is that I agree with your idea in your writing. I also think that TV let people not be able to think and imagine by ourselves because it shows everything to us.

    2. Your main point seems to be weaker as it goes to end of the writing.

    3. At first part, you wrote how close you and the subject, and it made me read easily.

    4. By the way, you used the word 'trouble maker' to explain TV, and I like it the most in your writing. TV is sometimes helpful but it can be a troublemaker. And nowadays, for many of family it is already trouble maker. I really like your word choice to describe TV.

    5. In the end, I think that it would be better if you had made your point clearer in the end of your writing. In the last paragraph, there are so many 'new words' like IT, contents, tablet PC, smart phone, etc. However, I think that you don't have to list them because it made your conclusion faint. Anyway, I like your writing, and expressions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. From Yujin Park to Kayeong Kim

    The most interesting part is that you introduced your essay by asking a question.
    I've never thought about this question so i was little shocked and it attracted my attention and curiosity.
    You described TV as the troublemaker and compared it with radio. I think it was the interesting development part and it made me think about why TV is the troublemaker for us.
    However, in my opinion, it had better add more your specific opinions why TV is the troublemaker. (Because it made us less think and imagine?)

    And the conclusion part was impressing.
    You ended your essay by also asking a question.
    It made me much more think about your opinion and also my opinion.

    Thank you for your deep essay!

    ReplyDelete